Wednesday, March 01, 2006

So you're looking for a picture, huh?

So, I've learned quite a bit from my Olympic experience. First of all, I learned that I'm petite. Therefore, making a garment based SOLELY on my bust size is a mistake. Especially when the row gauge is a little off... (Or, moreso that I wasn't sure what the row gauge was b/c I didn't measure that one...)

So, in essence, my vest is not very flattering- think football linebacker. I need to rip out at least 12 rows from the neck/shoulders (which of course, also means ripping out the neck and armbands first- then ripping the actual knitting and then reknitting the neck/armbands)

Also, we closed on our house- so last night, instead of trying to fix my vest- we destroyed the popcorn ceilings and ripped up carpet- I actually have a picture of that part...

Before:




After:

2 Comments:

At 3/01/2006 10:24 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sorry your vest doesn't fit you. At least yours isn't as big as mine!!! Today or tomorrow I'm going to felt it and see what happens. Either it'll shrink up to something I can wear, or I'll be able to cut it up and make something else.

My row gauge was off too, but I realized it before I finished and adjusted the pattern. Unfortunately I didn't know the yarn was going to get skinnier and longer and blow everything way out of proportion...

 
At 3/05/2006 7:34 PM, Blogger Kelly Kester said...

Hey Barbara, just wanted to let you know that my move is complete... you can find me at http://fondlemysweaters.blogspot.com from now on. I have a new button and everything :)

Kelly B.
(formerly Knittin' Pretty)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home