Monday, February 13, 2006

Music...

So, I've taken Kelly's Challenge: (In the spirit of full disclosure, I only listen to Jazz 91.1 (Jazz.fm) on the radio which is a nonprofit station out of Toronto- you can listen to their feed online- so I'm not really listening to popular music lately)

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

1. Night in Tunisia- I love instrumental versions with trumpets and crooning singers
2. Madonna- Isaac- There's a singer in the background chanting what sounds like muslim prayers, I'm not sure what it is, but I love it! There's also a kick ass dance beat to it.
3. Madonna- Hung Up- (Notice a trend?) I love her latest cd- and rumor has it, she's touring this summer!!!
4. Count Basie- April in Paris
5. Norah Jones- I don't remember any song titles, but she had a cd before the whole come away with me hit, it's her and a piano- New York something- it's really nice
6. Nelly McKay- she's amazing and she said F U to columbia records, so that's refreshing. Marry Me and Walking the Dog come to mind as favorites
7. Nina Simone- My Baby Just Cares for me- I love this song, it makes me sing along when it's on the radio.

2 Comments:

At 2/14/2006 2:15 PM, Blogger Kelly Kester said...

Ahhhh, Canadian radio stations. I miss Buffalo....

 
At 2/14/2006 2:46 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

haha- I know- they're so great!!

I think it's so funny how much a part of my life (which I've taken for granted is) going to Canada on a whim whenever I want- For friends in the midwest that sounds like the craziest thing ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home