Sunday, February 05, 2006

Olympic Training Commences

Due to the fact my Rebecca 28 magazine isn't here yet, and I don't even have the yarn- much less swatches done for Friday- I've revised my Knitting Olympics Challenge: The Deep V Argyle Sweater by Eunny Jang.

She wrote the pattern after high demand from seeing her finished product- and it's glorious. It's knit using Fair Isle Stranding, and I made a practice swatch today in hot pink and black. I finally got the gauge using sz6 needles instead of the sz4 called for in the pattern- but I'm not using the same yarn either. I had to settle for Lion Wool, which is unfortunate because I almost had the $70.00 worth of wool/alpaca/cashmere blend rationalized earlier today.

Knitting with yarn coming out of both hands is taking some getting used to- but now I'm so pumped for the opening ceremony!! I'm itching to start..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home