Sunday, February 12, 2006

Knitting Olympics

Knitting Olympics Special Report:



Here we are on Day 3 of knitting- and I have successfully learned how to:
Read a Chart
Fix mistakes a couple rows below
knit with both hands at the same time

I'm pleased with the results thus far- I'm just past the waist shaping smallest part and moving up towards setting my first neckline steek :)

Row 50 (in addition to original 19 rows of ribbing).

I'm optimistic about going for the gold in my event- so far, so good.

(Did I mention that Eunny wrote a REALLY good pattern? You can buy it off her Blog for $5.95 and it's worth every penny- there's like 6 sizes and 16 pages of directions and charts- totally impressive - which reminds me- I need to find some knitting software to chart out some ideas I have)

4 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Kelly Kester said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Isn't it funny that you found me on Craftster, yet we're both Upstaters?

Anyway, I looooove your vest so far. I can't wait to get started on mine- unfortunately I ordered the wrong yarn, so I have to make a return. For now I'll just watch the progress on yours!

 
At 2/13/2006 1:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Your vest ROCKS!!! I love the black and pink combo (at least that's what it looks like on my monitor - am I right?). Your work looks flawless. What yarn are you using? I'm using Jaeger Extra Fine Merino DK and I had to go up to size 6 needles to get gauge. This is my first stranding project as well, and I found my gauge got a little tighter b/c of it. I agree with you - Eunny wrote a terrific pattern. I'm a little nervous about the steeking, but I think that if I follow her directions, I can do it.

 
At 2/13/2006 2:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Okay, another comment: yours does not look like it's bubbling or puckering AT ALL. Mine does it a little where you have to do 5 sts of 1 color at a time, and I'm counting on blocking taking care of this. How is yours not puckering?!? I'm jealous!!!

 
At 2/13/2006 3:42 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Ok you did it....I am now convinced I must have this vest! I cannot wait to see it completed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home