Tuesday, February 21, 2006

yeah for crocheted steeks!!

I did it!! What was I so afraid of? Crocheting isn't that hard- I don't know why I was so worried.. I finished the knitting late last night and finished the steeks this morning- and then I went for it- snip snip... It worked really well, nothing came unravelled (well, the bound off edge on the top did a little, but I secured it without too much hassel).

And then the moment of truth- I tried it on! It fits perfectly in the torso part- hopefully I'll be able to make enough ribbing for the neckline so it's not totally x-rated :)

Of course- the camera is at home and I'm at work until after midnight- but, believe me- it's a thing of beauty! (Oh, and I'm SO almost out of black yarn.. but that can be easily enough remedied- how excited am I to have Thursday off??)

2 Comments:

At 2/22/2006 11:10 AM, Blogger Kelly Kester said...

Ahhhh, I can't wait to see it!!!

 
At 2/22/2006 2:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Can't wait to see it! I'm almost done with the knitting, and I'm getting a little nervous about the steeking, but I've read nothing but success stories, so I'm hoping for the best.

How did the bound off edge unravel? Do I need to be worried?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home