Monday, February 05, 2007

Monday....

Joanne and I went on a yarn shopping expedition in the snow on saturday. We had been planning it since our christmas shopping on elmwood was in danger of "shopping for gifts for ourselves" and it was great. Sadly Jill was not there, but we both walked away with some great buys. I bought some merino/silk blended fingering weight yarn which is hand-dyed a deep purple and blue, and a lace weight skein of merino in the deep purple. LOVE THEM. So, despite the fact is was snowing sideways, and there was zero visibility, I decided that I needed to go to Barnes and Noble and find a pattern book. I walked away with "Domino Knitting" and it's a great match for my self patterning yarn. I'm making a scarf (I think) and it's turning out pretty well. I LOVE the yarn, although I'm usually hesitant to buy yarn that self stripes, because I prefer solid colors and don't like unmatched stripes, but using this modular domino knitting, it creates a great/random effect.

My Phildar sweater hasn't changed much. I pulled out the "added" on hem because it looked messy, and I've decided I need a better reference book than my current Vogue Knitting- abridged version. I'm anxious to wear it- but, as they say Life gets in the Way.

Weston put in a new hot water tank sunday, and we went to a superbowl party- yum, swedish meatballs (imported from the Burlingon, ON, CA- IKEA!!) We had fun groaning at the game and commercials.. and the half time show- I mean, where did prince come from? Was Fergie busy or something? I realize he just won an award at the SAG, or was it Golden Globes? But it was for a theme song to some animated film I think- I don't think he's posed for a comeback anytime soon- although the electric turquoise suit and orange shirt would be a great new fashion trend. I hope the Fugster Girls comment on it- but it appears that they're covering NY fashion week- which is great, SP 07 fashion, and it's -20 degrees outside. When does that happen? Well, maybe NYC is slightly warmer- with the windchill it's only -12 degrees. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home